Monday, March 29, 2010

Carnival of Space, and a sagan of Sagan

Carnival of Space #147 is up, hosted by Bruce over at Weird Sciences.
There is some very cool stuff over there -- so clicky click the lovely link!

In other news, I just started chewing through "The Demon-Haunted World", by Carl Sagan. Have to take it in small chunks, it simultaneously makes me weepy and furious and inspired...but mostly wistful. I really, really wish I could have met him. Is it reasonable to mourn a man I never met, had no hope of meeting?
I am so *incredibly* motivated by Dr. Sagan, almost obsessively so. His life, his work...it mirrors much of what I hope to accomplish in my own life. I feel compelled to follow where he lead: promoting science, looking to the stars, reaching out to other life...?
I hope I can live up to his legacy, that my own life and my own work will be a credit to my inspiration.

On a lighter note...Sagan-Man!

-- Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment